Don’t panic if your A/C has started acting up or quit working altogether — call Simply Air Conditioning Heating & Plumbing, your Las Vegas and Henderson source for emergency A/C repair and other HVAC services. In the desert, air conditioning isn’t just a luxury; it’s a necessity. This is particularly true during summer heatwaves, when lack of air conditioning can be dangerous and even deadly, especially for the elderly, small children, and pets.
Is It An A/C Emergency?
When it’s over 90 degrees outside, and the temperature is still climbing in the summer heat, a nonfunctioning A/C certainly constitutes an emergency. But what if your unit is still running, just inefficiently or with symptoms indicating that it could be on the verge of failure?
Watch out for these indications that you might need emergency A/C repair.
- Strange Noises Coming From Your Unit. Although a screeching noise could be as simple as a loose fan belt, you could also have high pressure in your compressor or another issue that could cause your unit to fail. A banging noise could indicate a problem with your motor or blower. Don’t ignore unusual sounds; when in doubt, call and ask our repair experts.
- Unusual Smells. If you detect a burning or other strange odor coming from your HVAC system, don’t hesitate to call for an emergency service. You could have an electrical problem or component overheating issue that could lead to a fire.
- Limited Or No Air Flow. Several things could be responsible for your lack of airflow. It could be that the cooling system has failed, or the thermostat may be faulty, or there could be a problem with your blower. A service tech will be able to diagnose the exact cause and get you up and running again.
- Vents Sometimes Blow Warm Air. Warm air could mean a faulty compressor or blockage in your ductwork. The faster you get it looked at, the faster your A/C maintenance tech can get your system back up to speed.
- A/C Breaker Keeps Tripping. Your air conditioning unit should not be causing your breakers to trip. Electrical issues can be a fire hazard, so if you are having this kind of problem, you should get your unit looked at as soon as possible.
- Coils Ice Up. If ice is forming inside your unit, such as on the evaporator coils, or you see water pooling under your unit, you have an emergency repair in the making. You might just need refrigerant, but you could also have a faulty fan, and your air conditioner could stop producing cold air at any time.
24-Hour A/C Repair
Simply Air Conditioning Heating & Plumbing is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for emergency air conditioner repair. If you need any of these common parts repaired or replaced, don’t hesitate to call us day or night.
- Expansion Valves
- Fans/Fan Belts
- Duct Work
- Frozen Coils
- Low Refrigerant
Schedule Emergency Service
You don’t have to sweat it out when your air conditioner quits on you. Call Simply Air Conditioning Heating & Plumbing now and let us take care of your air conditioning emergency. We are your Las Vegas valley A/C installation, maintenance, and repair experts and are always standing by ready to serve you.