If you’re concerned about your indoor air quality in Las Vegas, NV, Simply AC Heating & Plumbing can help you filter out pollutants and breathe easier. Damaged air circulation systems can lead to poor air quality, but fixing a damaged HVAC unit or replacing ductwork in the attic and crawl spaces can be a real hassle if you do it yourself.
Our experienced technicians can do the difficult work so that you don’t have to.
Indoor Air Quality Directly Impacts Health
Indoor pollutants can lead to flu-like symptoms and can contribute to and worsen a variety of health conditions. If you or your family have asthma, allergies, other chronic respiratory issues, or a compromised immune system, maintaining good air quality is crucial for preventing flare-ups.
Damaged HVAC Units & Ducts Can Affect Air Quality
An old and damaged AC or heating system can cause dust, pollen, pollutants, particulate matter, and pathogens to circulate throughout your home, which can harm your family’s respiratory health. It can also cause parts of your home to have excess or insufficient humidity, leading to mold and mildew growth.
Routine duct replacement and air conditioner or furnace unit maintenance can go a long way when it comes to keeping the air in your home free from harmful substances.
How Long Does HVAC Ductwork Last?
Despite being made of galvanized steel, ductwork doesn’t last forever. Since it expands and contracts in response to hot and cold airflow, it tends to become significantly damaged after about 10-15 years.
If your ducts are pretty old, or if you notice mold, rust, or nasty odors, it might be time to consider replacing it.
Signs It May Be Time To Check Your Air Quality
- Your house feels humid or dank whenever the air conditioner is on.
- Odd smells sometimes emanate from the air ducts.
- The air circulates too quickly, creating an unpleasant draft.
- The circulation is uneven or inconsistent, causing some areas of your home to be overly hot or cold, even when the AC or heater is at a suitable temperature.
- Dust keeps building upon various surfaces, even when you vacuum frequently.
- Your home seems especially prone to mold and mildew.
- Your allergies continue to act up, even when you’re indoors.
- You have chronic headaches, sinus or throat irritation, nausea, fatigue, or insomnia.
Hire A Trusted HVAC Company In Las Vegas
If you suspect it may be time for an air duct replacement, or it’s been a while since your last HVAC unit inspection, Simply AC Heating & Plumbing can help improve your indoor air quality. In addition to scheduled maintenance appointments, we also offer 24-hour emergency AC and heating repair services.
Contact us today to book an appointment with an expert technician.